Ad words that buyers respond to
© 2013-2017 Systemagic Productions
The Top 20 Print Media Adjectives in order of efficacy:
1. New 2. Good/Better/Best (Best-seller, Best-selling) 3. Free 4. Fresh 5. Delicious 6. Full (Fully) 7. Sure 8. Clean 9. Wonderful 10. Special 11. Crisp 12. Fine 13. Big 14. Great 15. Real 16. Easy 16. Bright 18. Extra 18. Safe 20. Rich
Other Premium Adjectives:
* Easy * Easiest * Exclusive * Fast * Guaranteed * Learn * Learn more * Limited * Proven * Simple * Tested * Unique *
Other Adjectives that have stood the test of time:
The Top Twenty Print Media Verbs in order of efficacy:
1. Make 2. Get 3. Give 4. Have 5. See 6. Buy 7. Come 8. Go 9. Know 10. Keep 11. Look 12. Need 13. Love 14. Use 15. Feel 16. Like 17. Choose 18. Take 19. Start 20. Taste
Other Premium Verbs:
* Be * Click * Compare * Discover * Don't (miss out) * Ends * Find * Grow * Increase * Love * Start/Start here * Save * Try/Try it *
Others Verbs that have stood the test of time:
*Act now! * Be first to qualify * Dare * Dare you * Delivered * Donate * Eliminate * Exceed * Explained * Get ahead * Get something extra * Helping people like you * Hurry * Improve * Introducing * Invest * Open 24 hours a day * Order now! * Order today * Pay later * Profit * Read all about this * Reveal * Succeed * Take advantage of * Unlock * Win *
Nouns Worth Using:
* A child can do it * Anyone can do this * Bargain * Beauty * Benefits * Bonanza * Bonus * Bonus gift * Breakthrough * Commission * Credit cards accepted * Discount * Ease * Expert * Experts say * Fortune * Free gift * Gift * Growth * Holiday sale * Holiday price * Health * Innovation * Money * a must * Opportunity * Possibilities * Profit * Results * Sale * Savings * Spotlight * Testimonials * Time * Total * Value * Variety * Wealth * You *
* All you need * B
* Easily * Effortlessly * Fast * Forever * How to * Immediately * In minutes * In seconds * Money making * Quickly * Right now! * While supplies last *
28 Words and Phrases that Inspire Safety
These are from Jon Morrow's Boost Blog Traffic compilation. They inspire Trust. Good for use on Payment and Signup Forms.
* Anonymous * Authentic * Backed * Best-selling * Cancel Anytime * Certified * Endorsed * Guaranteed * Ironclad * Lifetime * Moneyback * No Obligation * No Questions Asked * No Risk * No Strings Attached * Official * Privacy * Protected * Proven * Recession-proof * Refund * Research * Results * Secure * Tested * Try Before You Buy, * Verify * Unconditional *
Five Persuasion Words
* You * Free * Because * Instantly * New *
Forty-eight Power Words
This list, originally complied by Linda Roth and Curtis Circulation Company, was derived from best-selling magazine covers. Interweave’s Bob Kaslik determined that it works equally well in promo copy and email subject lines.
* Improve * Trust * Immediately * Discover * Profit * Learn * Know * Understand * Powerful * Best * Win * Hot Special * More * Bonus * Exclusive * Extra * You * Free * Health * Guarantee * New * Proven * Safety * Money * Now * Today * Results * Protect * Help * Easy * Amazing * Latest * Extraordinary * How to * Worst * Ultimate * Hot * First * Big * Anniversary * Premiere * Basic * Complete * Save * Plus! * Create *
Nine Words for Email & Social Media Shareable Content
* Secret * Tell us * Inspires * Take * Help * Promote * Increase * Create * Discover *
Facebook Words that Inspire Shares, Likes & Comments
* Amuses * Comment * Deals * Discount * Inspires * Post * Should * Submit * Take * Tell Us * Where * Warns * When * Would *
Eleven Cause-And-Effect Words and Phrases:
"Cause-and-effect words make your claims sound objective and rational rather than subjective." - Author Darlene Price
* Accordingly * As a result * Because * Caused by * Consequently * Due to * For this reason * Here's Why * Therefore * Thus *
Efficacy In Advertising Yourself
"200 studies worldwide find that happiness leads to success in nearly every domain,
including work, health, friendship, sociability, creativity, and energy." - The Happiness Advantage P. 21
"Happiness is not the belief that we don't need to change;
it is the realization that we can." - The Happiness Advantage P. 24
The best adjectives for certain products in order of efficacy:
MP3 Player: 1. Small 2. Loud 3. Reliable 4. Good Value 5. Clear 6. Stylish 7. Good Looking
SUV: 1. Large 2. Safe 3. Reliable 4. Rugged 5. Comfortable 6. Good Value 7. Strong 8. Stylish 9. Good Looking 10. Alive
Jeans: 1. Comfortable 2. Stylish 3. Good Looking 4. Rugged
More will be added if/when found.
Be sincere and brief.
Find synonyms for many of these words in the Positive Adjective Glossary
Image from the Sydney Writers' Festival 2009
One Week of Moving Words campaign by Saatchi Design
Apart from the individual words the greater context of advertising can also transport the audience emotionally to wanting to purchase your product or service. This can be accomplished by negotiating the identity of the audience via a sense of style and a sense of fun. The video below negotiates with the sense of style of the audience for Cartier Jewellers.
The video below negotiates with the sense of fun of the audience for Yellow Pages.
Positive Resume Verbs Professional Adjectives
Professional Business Compliments
Positive Adverbs Positive Nouns
Unlimited Time Offer!